What Is INTERACT®?
INTERACT® (Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers) is a quality improvement program that focuses on the management of acute change in resident condition. It includes clinical and educational tools and strategies for use in every day practice in long-term care facilities.
The INTERACT Certified Champion Program is designed to train frontline clinical leaders who will serve as champions and co-champions to implement and sustain the INTERACT™ Quality Improvement Program (QIP) in their organization through education, embedding the INTERACT™ QIP into routing clinical care and QI processes, monitoring INTERACT™ QIP processes and outcomes, and providing the facility team and leadership with continuous feedback on INTERACT™ (QIP) performance.
Continuing Education Credits:
11.25 Nursing CEs and 13.5 NAB CEs
Upon the completion of this training session, the attendee will be able to:
1. Describe the current landscape of health care reform and funding that make the INTERACT™ an essential QI initiative for post-acute and long-term care organizations
2. Articulate the key strategies that form the foundation of the INTERACT™ QIP
3. Understand how to optimally utilize INTERACT™ QIP tools and resources
4. Define key strategies for successful INTERACT™ QIP implementation, including how INTERACT™ can help meet QAPI requirements
5. Define key strategies for successfully sustaining the INTERACT™ QIP implementation processes
6. Measure and track organization-specific INTERACT™ QIP implementation processes
7. Measure and track organization-specific INTERACT™ QIP hospitalization and other related outcomes
8. Report and interpret feedback on INTERACT™ QIP implementation and outcomes to the facility team and leadership
9. Demonstrate an ability to effectively educate facility staff on the INTERACT™ QIP
10. Understand how to complete the INTERACT Certified Champion training certification process
This course takes approximately 11.5 hours to complete.